As Catholics, we are all called to evangelize. By our Baptism, we are called to spread the good news of the Gospel to everyone everywhere. This is a time for us to look within and ask ourselves what do we do? Are we Christ’s witness to others? Do we welcome everyone? Are we reaching out to help others find Christ? Are we sharing our faith story and helping others experience Christ? WHAT CAN YOU DO?
YOU can be a part of our Evangelization Ministry here at St. James! Consider taking that step and join us. There are many opportunities planned for this year. Some will help you grow in your own spirituality and enrich your journey toward Christ, others will allow you to bring others to Him.
Some ways to be involved with our Evangelization ministries:
- Evangelization Ministry! Help us create a welcome parish community and show Christ to others through you! Share with us your ideas and find ways to deepen one’s faith and help others experience the love of Christ. Be a witness to God’s love….join our team!
- Friends for Friends Ministry – Do you love to cook and some spare time to do it? Join this ministry of people who we call on to help prepare meals for our parishioners who may be suddenly unable to cook for a period of time due to an illness or temporary disability or have suffered a loss and just need some hospitality. This will be an occasional, as needed volunteer opportunity. Current needs ask for about one meal per month per ministry member.
- St. Joseph’s Ministry – This handyman/woman ministry helps with small jobs around the parish campus. If you like to fix things up, are handy with a hammer and a brush we need you!
- St. Zita Ministry – This ministry helps to beautify our Church. Each season throughout the year members of this ministry gather to do a major cleaning and polishing of our church.
- Parish Socials – Do you like to plan parties, dinners, social events? This may be for you! This group helps us coordinate parish socials and ‘just for fun events’ throughout the year.
For information on any of these, to find out more information about this ministry, or to share your thoughts, please contact the parish office.
“Evangelization is the mission of the Church, not just of a few, but my, your, our mission.”Vatican Radio translation of Pope Francis’ General Audience catechesis, Wednesday, May 22, 2013