As Catholics, we are all called to evangelize. By our Baptism, we are called to spread the good news of the Gospel to everyone everywhere. This is a time for us to look within and ask ourselves what do we do? Are we Christ’s witness to others? Do we welcome everyone? Are we reaching out to help others find Christ? Are we sharing our faith story and helping others experience Christ? WHAT CAN YOU DO?
YOU can be a part of our new Evangelization Ministry here at St. James! Consider taking that step and join us. There are many opportunities planned for this year. Some will help you grow in your own spirituality and enrich your journey toward Christ, others will allow you to bring others to Him.
Some ways to be involved with our Evangelization ministries:
- Evangelization Ministry! Share with us your ideas and find ways to deepen one’s faith and help others experience the love of Christ. Be a witness to God’s love….join our team!
- Communications and Public Relations: Help us promote our parish and school! This ministry works to get the word out of our many offerings throughout the year. If you like to write, are creative and like marketing this ministry is for you!
- St. Martha Ministry – Be an ambassador for our parish. Help others feel more welcome at St. James. Get to know those with whom you worship. Be our representative, our eyes and ears, at the Mass you attend regularly. This ministry is simple, just be a greeter in the back of church before Mass, get to know those who attend the same Mass that you do, help our parish be welcoming to all.
- St. Joseph’s Ministry – This handyman/woman ministry helps with small jobs around the parish campus. If you like to fix things up, are handy with a hammer and a brush we need you!
- St. Zita Ministry – This ministry helps to beautify our Church. Each season throughout the year members of this ministry gather to do a major cleaning and polishing of our church.
- Parish Socials – Do you like to plan parties, dinners, social events? This may be for you! This group helps us coordinate parish socials and ‘just for fun events’ throughout the year.
For information on any of these, to find out more information about this ministry, or to share your thoughts, please contact Kim Mailley at email@example.com or at the rectory office. Office hours Wednesday evenings or by appointment.
“Evangelization is the mission of the Church, not just of a few, but my, your, our mission.”Vatican Radio translation of Pope Francis’ General Audience catechesis, Wednesday, May 22, 2013